Simulation based dropped object assessments for cost and risk reduction.
Accidentally dropped objects pose serious and costly hazards to subsea facilities. High fidelity dropped object dynamic simulations are required to predict object trajectories and better manage risk. Previous simulation software results take a prohibitively long time to produce and are not accurate.
An advanced nonlinear solver (FLEXAS) that has demonstrated accuracy and computational efficiency to predict accurate safe handling zone (SHZ), impact energies and complex fall trajectories and design simple devices for trajectory mitigation to better manage risks. All validated against field accidents and model tests.
Improved risk management
- More accurate risk assessment of potential damage to existing subsea infrastructures
- Help develop mitigation solutions for reducing probability and/or consequence of infrastructure impact
- Independent confirmation of installation contractor proposed procedures
- Potential for smaller safe handling zones (SHZs) – crucial for congested field layouts
- Optimize installation procedures
- Optimize duration of installation campaigns
- Reduced vessel time required per installation due to precise SHZs and efficient procedures
- Prevent asset loss or replacement
- Prevent and assess (if accident has occurred) damage to existing infrastructure
- Additional repair/replacement, lost production, potential environmental release
- Accurate impact energy prediction to optimize rock dumping near platforms for dropped objects risk
Download the flyer to learn more.