Highly efficient solver to facilitate complex simulations
Simulation of complex and large-scale Finite Element (FE) models run into major computational challenges. Even with modern hardware, modelling at high fidelity can be impractical or severely limited.
FLEXASTM changes that. As a proprietary solver for large-scale FE models, it was designed to overcome common computational challenges. A novel framework - known as Nonlinear Dynamic Substructuring (NDS) - enables simulation of reduced order models comprising efficient numerical representations of the original, with no loss in fidelity.
Benefits and efficiencies of the framework stem from the following:
- Orders of magnitude reduction in the size of the simulations
- Algorithms that selectively update portions undergoing a “state” change
- “Specialized” nonlinearities requiring unique solution procedures contained within the substructure level without impacting global solution
- Fully implicit solutions even at global system configurations with contact and dynamics, instead of less accurate explicit solutions
- Strict solution controls and enforcement for improved accuracy