- Clarity of business drivers for capital selection.
- Control of the balance between risk reduction and financial projects in the portfolio.
- Improved generation of project ideas for potential consideration in the portfolio.
- A portfolio that only contains clearly justified projects that demonstrate their merits.
- Portfolio-level tracking of progress and spend.
- Ability to adapt the portfolio to respond to the changing business environment and emerging needs.
- Better assurance delivering the capital plan and achieving the benefits.
- Senior management appreciation of the capital plan’s value.
- Less management distraction from capital surprises.
- Attraction and retention of high-calibre personnel.
- Visibility of forecast and delivered benefits from the capital plan.
- Visibility and control of the risks within the portfolio that apply at the business level.
- Increased strategic value per dollar invested.
- Ability to demonstrate to stakeholders an improving risk profile of the business.
- Ability to attract capital to the business.