Our client wanted to transform its business practices to increase profit by THB1 billion from 2019 to 2021.
Our client is the gas business unit of a national oil company that wanted to strategically transform its business practices to:
- Strengthen national energy security
- Improve the operational aspects of its brownfield assets
- Stimulate business growth through digital transformation
The primary objective of this transformation is to implement strategic initiatives to increase profit by THB1 billion from 2019 to 2021.
Advisian assessed the gas separation plants, LNG terminals, and transmission and distribution pipelines to identify strategic initiatives that could stimulate profit. These are well maintained assets that require some process and equipment upgrades.
A holistic approach was used to rank and prioritize the initiatives – cost, time, ease of implementation. For the selected initiatives, Advisian developed a business case and implementation plans and aligned stakeholders with the implementation plans.
We recommended the following:
- Portfolio optimization of gas separation plants:
- Address resourcing constraints/culture shift
- Holistic approach to the development of implementation plans – cost, time, ease
- Shift the operational focus of the LNG terminal to a commercially focused asset:
- Stakeholder alignment
- Delay operation of the terminal under construction and implement equipment optimization when it comes online