Advisian (operating as INTECSEA), along with Boemre, performed a review of wind turbine foundation concepts for installation and construction feasibility and risks.
Installation and construction feasibility study
The study considered conventional mono-pile; gravity-based, jacket, and hybrid structures. The study examined the economic feasibility of these foundation concepts for installation in varying water depths.
- Established a cost basis for current offshore wind turbine foundations
- Developed conceptual designs for each of the specified wind turbine foundations and substructures
- Determined the cost impact of water depth on the foundations and on the anchoring system
- Determined the economic break-point for each foundation type
- An understanding of the limitations and advantages of each foundation type with respect to soil conditions, fabrication, transportation, construction, and installation