Creating a blended team to ensure asset performance improvement
The client was suffering a lack of visibility of their individual assets’ performance, a high level of downtime and not meeting turnaround targets due to overrun of inspection activities. They had a high backlog of maintenance and inspection activities.
Advisian created a blended team with a mix of specific expertise including a management consultant to drive process; an asset integrity technical expert who had experience of a variety of operators to enable industry best practice to be shared; and asset integrity leads within each operating asset to ensure buy in and ability to share isolated best practices.
- Increased visibility to drive performance improvement
- Data gaps identified in maintenance management system and improvements reported
- Reduction in maintenance and inspection backlog due to efficient prioritisation and improved work practices
- Community developed for ongoing support and sharing of best practice related to inspection planning
- Reporting of more accurate performance data to enable issues to be identified