Advisian was retained by the Prince Rupert Port Authority to be the EPCM contractor for the first phase of development for the Fairview Container Terminal
Development of Fairview container terminal
- Design of railways and utilities
- Design of office and heavy industrial buildings
- Geotechnical design of new marine structures adjacent to existing facilities with seismic stability measures implemented to meet current design guidelines
- Design of berths, intermodal yards, container yards, and quay crane foundations
- Electrical, civil infrastructure, and utility design
Phase 1 of the project, which converted the existing Fairview break-bulk terminal into a container terminal, included deepening the existing berth to provide a 55 ft draft by a combination of dredging and constructing a new piled apron structure in front of the existing concrete caissons; structural modifications to the existing caissons; construction of new crane beams and rails to accommodate container gantry cranes; new underground services; and a new dedicated 69 kV transmission line servicing the terminal.