Horizonte Minerals PLC is an AIM and TSX-listed nickel development company focused in Brazil, which wholly owns the advanced Araguaia Nickel Project located to the south of the Carajas mineral district of northern Brazil.
The Araguaia Nickel Project is located 45km North of Conceição do Araguaia, Para State, Brazil. The project comprises of a “greenfield” mining and processing plant configured to process 900,000tpa of Araguaia nickel laterite ore for the production of approximately 15,000tpa of contained Ni in the finished ferronickel product using tried and tested Rotary Kiln Electric Furnace technology.
The Advisian scope of work was to prepare a Feasibility Study with CAPEX and OPEX, including contribution to the NI 43-101 Technical Report for the Araguaia Nickel Project. This project was executed with support from three Advisian/WorleyParsons’ offices located in Brazil, India, and China.
The scope included:
- Review of the Preliminary Feasibility Study (PFS)
- Test work planning and support
- Process plant and plant site infrastructure
- Constructability studies defining the construction strategy
- Class 3 capital and operating estimates per AACE
- Contingency calculation through probabilistic risk assessment
- Meeting NI 43-101 guidelines for a Feasibility Study
This project represents a very strong example of collaboration between our North America, Latin America, and Asian regions. All work was completed without incident and within the client's expectations.