We bring our expertise in decision framing and economic analysis, and combine it with Advisian’s unparalleled breadth and depth in technical consulting and engineering, to provide objective, actionable guidance to strategic capital decisions.
Over decades of experience on numerous projects, we have seen that clients across the hydrocarbons, power, mining and infrastructure sectors face several challenges with high value capital decisions:
- Difficulty in gaining alignment on project decisions, resulting in unwanted recycle and lost opportunities to maximize project value
- Having a mandate to quantify the footprint of a project on a community or the environment, but lacking a defensible way of doing so
- A need to justify project decisions to stakeholders – both internal sponsors and external stakeholders
- Being data-rich but insight-poor – having numerous technical data sources and study reports but difficulties consolidating this into a robust decision basis
We bring our expertise in decision framing and economic analysis, and combine it with Advisian’s unparalleled breadth in technical consulting and engineering, to provide unbiased, defensible support to critical project decisions.
We offer an integrated, mobile team of Decision and Risk Analysis professionals servicing clients across the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia Pacific.
Our processes and tools have been successfully applied to clients in the oil and gas, power/energy, mining, chemicals and infrastructure sectors.
- Framing of objectives, strategic options and success criteria
- Evaluation of project options using tools including decision hierarchies, strategy tables, multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA), cost benefit analysis of options, Monte Carlo analysis
- Risk assessment and Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Economic valuation of environmental and social risks and benefits
- Sustaining capital and asset portfolio optimization footprint, energy, greenhouse gases/air emissions, water
Our methods have been successfully applied to over 200 projects globally, unlocking billions of dollars of financial value and risk mitigation.